Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

    So listening to the new Tim McGraw and my initial reviews of the songs are as follows.

    1)Last Dollar (Fly Away)--A radio friendly song. Favorite lyric to me was if I ain't got nothing, I got nothing to hold me back. Cute ending with I assume his kids singing.

    2)I'm Workin--A good story song. Definitely the way the working life seems to be. Not a radio friendly song, but something most can relate to.

    3)Let It Go--A typical Tim McGraw song. Radio friendly. Something we all should do sometimes, let things go. Favorite lyric -Skeletons and ghosts are hiding in the shadows, threatening me with all the things that they know. Choices and mistakes, they all know my name. I'm through holding in and holding onto all that pain.

    4)Whiskey and You--Actually a bit more depth to it than I expected from the title. Talks about being drunk, but being over it by noon, and that being the difference between it and you. Decent, sounds like a country song.

    5)Suspicions--I was listening to it and thought I know this song, it sounded 70s. Eddie Rabbitt song from late 70s/early 80s. Still a good song, and the chorus is the highlight, very mellow as that time of music tended to be.

    6)Kristofferson---Not as good as I hoped and unless I missed it, no Kris Kristofferson harmony. Basically talks about writing a sad song. Definitely an old school style country song.

    7)Put Your Lovin' On Me--Goes almost the other way, this song would fit on most of the current 'rock' cds. More guitar. Not as good of a listening song to me as several of the others. A good filler song.

    8)Nothin' To Die For--A good song once it gets going and with a good message. Talking about all that you have to live for, but nothing to die for. Favorite lyric, the doctor says man, your numbers they don't lie. The graveyards full of folks that didn't have time to die.

    9)Between the River and Me---I love this song. It reminds me of something like Uncle Tom's Cabin crossed with Gimme Back My Bullets. It's a song you'll listen to and be singing along with immediately. Favorite lyric is I ain't your son you son of a beotch. The music gets you pumped in this, and at one point it even sounds a bit like Zeppelin. This is a song that I think most will like.

    10)Train #10---Catchy song. Radio friendly. Nothing really sticks out in my mind about it. The later part in the song is pretty good. I think its basically the guy is wanting to leave, kind, but can't force himself. Last train out is train #9 but he's waiting on train #10.

    11)I Need You (/w Faith Hill)--Musically its a pretty song. If it makes sense, its not the song I thought it would be. Lacking the depth to be a really great love song.

    12)Comin' Home--One of Tim's better singing songs (IMO). Very smooth and easy style for the song. The old reference to love being like coming home.

    13)Shotgun Rider--Definitely a country song, from music to lyrics. Another song with Faith involved (background vocals). It's not a radio friendly song IMO. Not the best ending song ever.


    Link to listen if you want to

    http://countrymusic.about.com/od/aud...en2LetItGo.htm
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_beanpillow9's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2004
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

    Tim McGraw sux, he ain't country. want REAL country? try this...

    http://www.unknownhinson.com/index.htm
    "I dig beer. I dig pork. I dig sports."


  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

    [ QUOTE ]
    Tim McGraw sux, he ain't country. want REAL country? try this...

    http://www.unknownhinson.com/index.htm

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Psht.. the only REAL country is no country. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

    "9)Between the River and Me---I love this song. It reminds me of something like Uncle Tom's Cabin crossed with Gimme Back My Bullets. It's a song you'll listen to and be singing along with immediately. Favorite lyric is I ain't your son you son of a beotch. The music gets you pumped in this, and at one point it even sounds a bit like Zeppelin. This is a song that I think most will like. "

    This is a Warren Brothers song that was on their WELL DESERVED OBSCURITY cd. In my opinion the Warren Brothers version blows away the McGraw version. Has more bite and more southern rock feel to it
    check out a sound byte here
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Well-Deserved-Obscurity-Warren-Brothers/dp/B0001NBNCA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-7943638-1660120?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1175025900&amp ;sr=1-2"]http://www.amazon.com/Well-Deserved-Obscurity-Warren-Brothers/dp/B0001NBNCA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-7943638-1660120?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1175025900&amp ;sr=1-2[/ame]

    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

    Warren Brothers could be great if they'd really get serious about it [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CD review-Tim McGraw (Let It Go)

    I thought that sounded familiar, I looked for lyrics but wasn't finding anything. Thanks for that.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •